Thursday 25 August 2011

Nothing To Prove

Sunday just gone my boyfriend's band were lucky enough to support the legendary H2O. They are NYC Hardcore superstars. They are the kind of band that change you as a person, give you a better outlook and keep you smiling. Adrian says they have helped to make him the man he is today. The lead singer is the most open, honest and wise people ever. He is so in love with his family and friends, he has such a lust for life and passion about the scene.

Obligatory shot of my boyfriend's band. Mine is the vocalist.

I'm looking at getting a bridge camera to learn some basics and stuff as I love photographing at gigs and want to get some better live shots. The compact just doesn't cut it. Any suggestions would be welcomed =] I will be saving up for a DSLR but will take a while no doubt.

When H2O came on they played Nothing To Prove twice and I was stood right by the stairs. Adrian popped back stage for a word with one of the sound engineers (good old networking, turns out the guy loved his band and wants to do sound for them!) He then came back and asked if I wanted to go back stage. I made it passed the bouncer (scary) and found myself on side stage with the band and a few sweaty boys- haha!
The atmosphere was electric. H2O are such a great band to sing a long to, belting out all the words with a crowd of happy people. Was such an amazing feeling. My friend afterwards said he could see me bopping and singing away on stage and said I looked really happy. This was an absolute dream come true for Adrian. he has looked up to this band for over 14 years and it was amazing to share that with him.

The little boy on stage in this pic is the singers son - adorable!

The Underworld is easily one of my favourite venues. it's small enough to feel intimate but it's also big enough that you don't have to be down the front if you don't want to be, but you'll still have a great view. I also love that it doesn't have barriers in front of the stage. Most shows I go to, the band encourage people to get up on stage. This was no exception. Toby was loving getting people on stage to sing and dance and crowd surf. 


If you haven't already, check out H2O's music. They are amazing. Songs that will cheer you up, touch a nerve and even make you cry. I always cry when I hear Sunday Morning and when they played it live was no exception!

have you been to any good gigs lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment